The Peggy Perry Belcher Scholarship Fund, Inc. awards scholarships to Paris and Henry County students who have been accepted into a college or university.
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must be a Henry County High School graduating senior residing in Paris or Henry County, TN or current college student whose home of record is Paris or Henry County, TN. Applicants must be accepted into a college or university before applying for the scholarship.
Applicants must submit a complete application packet by April 15.
The complete application packet includes:
- The application form with all required signatures
- One letter of recommendation from a non-relative
- A TYPED two-page essay - choose from one of the essay questions below
- Proof of acceptance into a college or university for high school seniors. Proof of the upcoming fall semester enrollment for current college students.
- If you were gifted one million dollars, how would you pay it forward?
- Assessing the needs of today's Henry County youth, what program or initiative would you recommend and why?
APPLICATION PROCESS IS CLOSED UNTIL JANUARY 2021
Who selects the recipients?
An appointed scholarship selection committee will screen the application packets. A Peggy Perry Belcher Scholarship Fund, Inc. Board Member will notify the scholarship awardees.
If I am not selected, how will I know?
A letter will be mailed to the address listed on the application to all non-select applicants.
What if I don’t submit all documents?
If supporting documents and required signatures are not submitted, the application will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified.
If I am awarded, will you give me the check directly?
All scholarships will be paid directly to the recipient’s school of acceptance.
Do you have a recognition program?
A scholarship gala is held the first Saturday in June to recognize all recipients. A complimentary ticket is provided to each recipient; therefore, it is customary for the recipient to attend.
Do you award scholarships every year?
The Peggy Perry Belcher Scholarship Fund, Inc. will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified. The scholarship Fund reserves the right to award the number and amount of scholarships each year based upon decisions of the Board of Directors and fund availability.
Can current college students apply?
Yes, as long as the current college student’s home of record is Paris or Henry County, TN