The Peggy Perry Belcher Scholarship Fund, Inc. awards scholarships to Paris and Henry County students who have been accepted into a college or university.
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must be a Henry County High School graduating senior residing in Paris or Henry County, TN or current college student whose home of record is Paris or Henry County, TN. Applicants must be accepted into a college or university before applying for the scholarship.
Applicants must submit a complete application packet by May 15.
The complete application packet includes:
- The application form with all required signatures
- One letter of recommendation from a non-relative
- A TYPED two-page essay - choose from one of the essay questions below
- Proof of acceptance into a college or university for high school seniors. Proof of the upcoming fall semester enrollment for current college students.
- With the current state of the world (racial injustices and the pandemic), what advice would you give our world leaders on tackling these two issues?
- After your college graduation, we want to see you give back to the Paris and Henry County community. What will you do and how will you accomplish it?
Who selects the recipients?
An appointed scholarship selection committee screens the application packets. A Peggy Perry Belcher Scholarship Fund, Inc. Board Member will notify the scholarship awardees. PPBS Fund Board of Directors do not serve on the selection committee.
What if I don’t submit all documents?
If supporting documents and required signatures are not submitted, the application will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified.
If I am awarded, will you give me the check directly?
All scholarships will be paid directly to the recipient’s school of acceptance.
Do you have a recognition program?
A scholarship gala is held the second Saturday in July to recognize all recipients. A complimentary ticket is provided to each recipient; therefore, it is customary for the recipient to attend. NOTE: date is subject to change each year.
Do you award scholarships every year?
The Peggy Perry Belcher Scholarship Fund, Inc. will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified. The scholarship Fund reserves the right to award the number and amount of scholarships each year based upon decisions of the Board of Directors and fund availability.
Can current college students apply?
Yes, as long as the current college student’s home of record is Paris or Henry County, TN
My home of record is not Paris or Henry County, TN, can I still apply?
The scholarship is currently awarded to students from the Paris and Henry County area. As funds increase, we hope to expand in the future.